Friday, November 27, 2009

I survived

my first Thanksgiving without my children. And it was pretty nice. I surely did miss them but I enjoyed spending my time with my mom and my uncle. And, I posted in a few places yesterday that I've come to appreciate the fact that I have a home to come home to. I haven't really thought of my mother's home as "home" in years, mostly because I had created a home for my family and I elsewhere. And while I'm working on recreating that home for my children and I, I've grown closer to my mother over the last few months.

My dad left her in 1997, and while I've always thought he should have left sooner (or she should have left sooner), it was a hard time for her. She has a lot of wisdom to share with me these days and because my soon-to-be-ex didn't really "like" my family we haven't been as close these past few years as we could have been. It's refreshing to reclaim my former life and reclaim a bit of who I really am and who I've been "hiding" all these years.

Happy Thanksgiving indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment